36th Annual Salmon Festival Tournament Rules
1. All games will be played and refereed under International Lacrosse Federation rules and CLA and BCLA Minor Box Operating Policy. All players must be properly registered with their home associations.
2. All teams must be ready to start at the scheduled time. If necessary to stay on time, or catch up time, warm ups and breaks between periods may be reduced at the discretion of the tournament committee.
3. No ball playing allowed in the common areas such as the mezzanine, hallways, foyer, and outside the main entrance. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting points lost. This is to ensure the safety of numerous persons in and out of the arena and is strictly enforced.
4 . Game times for all round robin and consolation games will be three 15 minute periods with a 3 minute break between period and a 5 minute half time for all Novice. three 20 minute periods for Gold Medal Games. The last 3 minutes of all games shall be stop time if the goal spread is 5 or less. There is no mercy rule. An MVP will be selected from each team at the end of all games by their own team. Please submit to the appropriate referee for announcements.
5. Points are awarded as 2 points for a win, 0 points for a loss and 1 point for a tie.
6. Ties breaker for standings will be determined as follows:
Head to Head (if applicable)
Least goals against
Least penalty minutes
7. Game rules for Semi-Final and Final games. Games will consist of three 20 minute periods with a 5 minute break between periods. The last 3 minutes of the third period shall be stop time if margin is 5 goals or less at the 3 minute mark
In the event of the scores being tied at the end of regulation playing time, then overtime shall be played.
The following procedure shall apply:
8. Fighting will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the game and for the duration of the tournament.
The tournament committee reserves the right to remove from the tournament any player, coach or spectator whom behaves in a manner considered inappropriate for a minor sporting event.
Due to tournament time constraints, no protests will be entertained.
The referee call on the arena is the final call.
Tournament committee decisions are final.