2020 Box Lacrosse Season
Richmond Lacrosse has all level of skill from the first time players to the season veteran. To ensure that we meet the expectations of all of our players, proper tryouts are required to determine each and every child’s skill level, competitive desire, and the expectations of their minor lacrosse experience. Please keep your expectations realistic, and ensure your child enjoys his/her minor lacrosse career, by having them placed at a level they can contribute, compete, and gain success at.
Top Team out will be A1 or A2;
This lacrosse is the most competitive and demanding level that can be provided by the association. Coaches that run our A program are looking for specific talents and skills that will make up a diverse team that can compete against the best from all other associations. This level of lacrosse demands a high level of cardiovascular endurance, dedication, superior stick skills, and commitment to the program. Players considering trying out at this level need to make sure they are skilled enough, dedicated enough, and fully aware of the need for specific roles within a team dynamic for “A” ball.
B - Ball
B- lacrosse is considered a competitive level of lacrosse and provides a stepping stone for those enhancing their playing ability beyond simply the introductory level. This level of lacrosse provides a challenge for the novice to intermediate skilled leveled player. Coaches will often provide players with numerous opportunities to play various roles within the team dynamic.
C - Ball
C - lacrosse is an introductory level of the sport and provides a fun and positive environment for new and skill limited players to learn the game. Coaches will do their best to provide equal Playing time
TEAM SELECTION GUIDELINES
The number of players selected or assigned to a team will be based on recommendations made by the Head Coach, President and Division Coordinators. These recommendations will take into account the number of players registered in a division, caliber and the number of goalies available. The optimum number of players would be a minimum of 14 to a maximum of 20.
Team Selection Guidelines for Novice, Peewee, Bantam & Midget
The intent of these selection guidelines is to ensure a fair and expedient tryout process. It is the goal of RLA to field the most competitive teams possible at each level in each division. It is the responsibility of the Division Coordinator and Division Coaches to achieve this goal.
- Guidelines to be agreed to by coaches prior to tryouts
- No players at tryouts unless officially registered
- Players only to tryout with proper age group
- No player to be assigned to A-1 team unless they have attended 50% of tryouts unless the player has a certified medical exemption or the player has notified the Division coordinator of a conflict.
- Should a player return after the team selection process and want to try out for the A1 team, the player must request in writing to the division coordinator and VP of minor for a special tryout. If VP and DC allows this, they will set the guidelines.
- 2017 season tryouts will run 2 weeks with 6 practice time, starting on March 21st to Feb 3.
- All of the above dates apply to Goalies as well as runners.10) A-2 & B teams may only name request two players to be removed from the selection process to play on their team. These players must be children of the head coach/assistant coach or manager.
- That our association expects players making A1 & A2 teams to have lacrosse as their #1 priority extra curricular activity priority. Coaches will expect attendance at games and practices over other team sports or activities through completion of the season. All Players are to be advised of this at first try-out session.
- Players who commit to trying out and playing A level lacrosse will play on the A team they are assigned to through the selection process. An A1 selected player cannot choose to play A2. If an A1 selected player does not want to play A1, they may be placed on on a B or C team. This decision will be made with the coordinator & board members.